Bill Russell (born on 12th February 1934) is a professional retired American Basketball player as well as a coach who played for the Boston Celtics of National Basketball Association(NBA) from the year 1956 to 1969. He was the most valuable player of Boston Celtics, an American Basketball team of Boston and the team won 11 NBA championships during his 13 years career. He was the captain of US National Basketball team in 1956 Summer Olympics and the team also won the gold medal. He is one of the two NBA players who grabbed more than 50 rebounds in a game.
Bill Russell Family/Parents
Bill Russell was born on 12th February 1934 in Monroe, Louisiana, United States. His father is Charles Russell and mother is Katie Rusell. His childhood was full of poverty and often suffered from acts of racism. Their family suffered a lot due to racist activities during the early days. His father initially used to work in a paper factory as Janitor.
Bill Russell Affairs/Spouse
Bill Russell married to his collegemate Rose Swisher in the year 1956. They have three children, a daughter named Karen Russell, the lawyer and television pundit and sons William Jr. and Jacob. Later, he divorced in 1973 and married the former Miss USA 1968, Dorothy Anstett. Again, they were divorced in 1980 and again in 1996, he married Marilyn Nault which lasted until the death of her in 2009.
— TheBillRussell (@RealBillRussell) July 10, 2019
- Full Name: William Felton Russell
- Nickname: Bill Russell
- Birthday: 12th February 1934
- Age: 85 years old
- Birthplace: Monroe, Louisiana, United States
- Current Residence: Louisiana, United States
- Education: McClymonds High School, University of Sans Francisco
- Profession: Basketball Player
- Nationality: American
- Wives: Rose Swisher, Dorothy Anstett, Marilyn Nault
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Brother: Charlie L.Russell
- Sons: William Jr. and Jacob
- Daughter: Karen Russell
- Zodiac: Coming soon…
- Net Worth: $10 Million (approx.)
- Height: 2.08m or 208cm (approx.)
- Weight: 100Kg
Trivia/ Facts that you probably may not about Bill Russell
- Bill Russell is a popular American Basketball player who played for Boston Celtics of NBA.
- Bill Russell and his family suffered racism a lot during his childhood and early days.
- He was named “Sportsman of the Year” by Sports Illustrated in the year 1968.
- He was selected at Boston Celtics in 1956 because of his rebounding prowess and defensive toughness.
- He was the captain of US National Team in the Summer Olympics.
- The first Celtics game of him was on 22nd December 1956, against the St. Louis Hawks.
- At the age of 35, he retired from his playing career.
- He was awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2011.
- For more information about Bill, contact him on Twitter.
You might also like to know about Rapper Yung Miami.